I qualified as an acupuncturist in 1980, since when I have been in continuous practice.
I originally qualified as a psychiatric nurse. Seeking a way to address the causes of disease, I went on to study acupuncture. Through this ancient healing art, I continue to derive great satisfaction from helping people with stress-related conditions, as well as physical problems. I also value the flexibility of diagnosing and treating each person as a unique individual.
Since training at the College of Traditional Acupuncture, Leamington Spa, I have undertaken nine years of advanced training courses, both at the College of Traditional Acupuncture and at the College of Integrated Chinese Medicine, Reading. I am fully committed to my continuing professional development, and have been fortunate to study and work with some of the foremost acupuncture practitioners and teachers from Europe and the USA. I also value professional support and supervision of my own practice.
From 1984-1994 I was a tutor at the College of Traditional Acupuncture. I returned there to teach from 2002 -2012 on the B.A.(Hons) programme, validated by Oxford Brookes University. I enjoyed teaching on every level of the course, including clinical supervision, as well as delivering post-graduate seminars.
From 1984-1986 I trained at the College of Healing, Malvern, since when I have used healing as a professional discipline. I was a tutor with the College of Healing from 1990-2001, where I also taught advanced courses for experienced healers.
My practice was based entirely in Bristol until 2001, when I moved to Worcestershire with my wife and two children.
- Licentiate in Acupuncture (Lic.Ac.) – College of Traditional Acupuncture
- Member of the College of Healing (M.C.O.H.)
- Acupuncture Master (M.Ac.) – College of Traditional Acupuncture
- Certificate in Traditional Chinese Medicine – College of Integrated Chinese Medicine
- Certificate in Clinical Acupuncture – College of Integrated Chinese Medicine
- Associate Teacher in Higher Education – Oxford Brookes University